The impacts of global economic shift to Asia
The continued growth in emerging markets over the past ten years leads to a rebalancing of economic power in the world. Having dominated the world for over two centuries, the Western powers attend a tilting of the center of gravity of the global economy towards Asia and particularly China. Still far behind 30 years ago, China has become, by dint of very well-planned economic reforms, the second world economy. Land of investment, export-oriented economy, strong growth suggests that by 2025 the Middle Kingdom became the world's largest economy.
With its massive investments in research and innovation but also in the acquisition of Western technology, China is the world leader in many areas. However, this should not mask the weaknesses of this power. Its rapid economic development has led to the interior of many socio-spatial inequalities. Moreover, its economy is not yet stabilized and it remains heavily dependent on foreign powers.
The Interdepartmental Network monitoring and forecasting , which includes all corporate services vested in the prospective, analyzed the consequences of this shift in the global economy towards Asia. In the form of thematic sheets, each treating a specific theme, these cards are designed to analyze current developments in the Asian economy and the challenges which now face France and the European Union deal with this major turning point in world economic history.
The five thematic files:
- Fact 1: The opening of communities overseas to Asia in terms of foreign trade
- Fact 2: Challenges and territorial managers: key to future growth in China
- Fact 3: The rise of science and technology of China
- Fact 4: The development of the automotive industry in China
- Fact 5: The development of chemical industry in China
- Fiche 1 : L’ouverture des collectivités d'outre-mer vers l’Asie en matière de commerce extérieur (Fiches 1 - RIVP) PDF (Fr.)
- Fiche 2 : Les défis aménagistes et territoriaux : clé de la croissance future de la Chine - PDF (Fr.)
- Fiche 3 : La montée en puissance scientifique et technologique de la Chine - PDF (Fr.)
- Fiche 4 : Le développement de l'industrie automobile en Chine - PDF (Fr.)
- Fiche 5 : Le développement du secteur chimie en Chine - PDF (Fr.)